Important : New Paper Submission Deadline – 28.11.2021
- Affiliated to IEEE PerCom 2022
- March 21 – 25, 2022 (full day, date TBA)
- Pisa, Italy
Labelling user data is a central part of the design and evaluation of pervasive systems that aim to support the user through situation-aware reasoning. It is essential both in designing and training the system to recognise and reason about the situation, either through the definition of a suitable situation model in knowledge-driven applications, or though the preparation of training data for learning tasks in data-driven models. Hence, the quality of annotations can have a significant impact on the performance of the derived systems. Labelling is also vital for validating and quantifying the performance of applications. With pervasive systems relying increasingly on large datasets for designing and testing models of users’ activities, the process of data labelling is becoming a major concern for the community. Even more, with the increase of pervasive applications relying on annotated data, it becomes important to develop standards and normalisation methodologies for transferability of annotated data across different applications.
To address the problem, this year’s workshop focuses on experiences with existing tools, datasets and annotation approaches in real-world use cases, including negative outcomes and the reflection of possible resolutions of the related problems.
Furthermore, we aim to address the general problems of
- the role and impact of annotations in designing pervasive applications,
- the process of labelling, and the requirements to produce high quality annotations for diverse settings and tasks,
- innovative tools, interfaces and automated methods for annotating user data, especially weekly supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods for annotating data and
- methods for standardisation and normalisation in annotation practices.
The goal of the workshop is to bring these topics to the attention of researchers from interdisciplinary backgrounds, and to initiate a reflection on possible resolutions of the related problems.
Submission deadline (extended): November
14, 2021 28, 2021
Notification: January 05, 2022
Camera ready version: February 5, 2022 (TBC)
Author registration due by: TBA